Seared Ahi Ceviche (Appetizer)
Write a review
- Ahi Steak, 6/8 oz.
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 whole lemon (juice and rind)
- Ginger, fresh 2”x2”, slivered
- 1 medium chopped red onion
- 1 small chopped wild chili (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of cilantro, chopped
- ¼ size of red/orange bell pepper, julienne
- WON TON CRISP
- 12 pieces Gyoza wrapper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp. of Tabasco pepper sauce
- Rinse Ahi tuna and pat dry. Heat a small skillet and brush with olive oil. Sear the tuna on both sides for about a minute on each side. Cool down the tuna and cut into cubes, slicing against the grain. Place in a medium sized bowl. Pour vinegar and squeeze lemon juice over the tuna. Add ginger and mix completely. The tuna should be completely immersed in the juice. Chill the mix for 30 minutes to an hour until tuna are opaque (you cannot see through them). Be careful not to "overcook" in the vinegar ceviche.
- Empty 1/2 of the juice from the bowl. Add onions, cilantro, bell pepper, salt, black pepper and lemon rind to the tuna mixture. Stir gently. Serve chilled with the Won Ton crisp on the side.
- Won Ton Crisp – cut the won ton wrapper into squares. Brush with the olive oil mixture (Tip - add garlic and tabasco pepper sauce to the olive oil). Line up in a baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown at 335 degrees.
Home Wizards https://yourhomewizards.com/