Quick and Do-Able Ideas
Tip – something as simple as having a pitcher of water in a glass pitcher with spout filled with lemons, limes and cucumbers will relax you and make you feel like you are on vacation.
Turn your home into a spa.
You don’t need to go to a pricey spa to rejuvenate your body and spirit. Create your own spa at home instead – you’ll feel refreshed and save money.
* Create spa concoctions. Many books and Web sites offer recipes for facials and other treatments that you can make with ingredients found at any health food store or supermarket.
* Make a thoughtful gift for your guests: fragranced eye pillows. Sew 8 x 4-inch sacks out of a dark satin fabric. For each pillow, mix 1 cup flax seed with 10 drops lavender essential oil. Fill sacks half-full with the mixture and sew them up. The pillow blocks light and the scent calms the spirit.
* Lead a class. Let friends who practice yoga, healthful cooking, massage, or some other healing art share with the group. No gurus invited? Pick up a few videos.
* Light it up. Candles not only smell wonderful, they provide soft, relaxing light – something we don’t get enough of in this fluorescent-bulb society. For a group meditation exercise, set a single candle in the middle of a dark room, sit in a circle around it, and focus on the flame while breathing deeply. Do this for 5 to 10 minutes before other activities such as yoga or tai chi.
* Partner up. If your friends are comfortable with each other, have them swap back massages, manicures, or pedicures.
* Tune in your senses. Set up your CD player with a variety of relaxing background music. Try Enya, Yanni, or nature sounds such as the ocean or waterfalls, and keep them playing throughout the whole weekend.
For more ideas on how to turn your home into a spa listen to the Home Wizards show
Part 1 – Summer Staycation Ideas – Turning your patio into a Resort/Spa