Tiki torch lamps add so much beauty and summer tropics to your outdoor space
But why not make it yourself? All you need are some wine bottles, or water bottles in a pretty cobalt blue, or your favorite color, a copper top plate connector and mounting surface, copper coupling, a wick and tiki torch fuel. Note this is an outdoor only project and needs to be away from your home or vegetation for fire safety.
We talk your thru the steps here – Plus some fun ways to label your plants with things you may have around the house.
1. Empty Wine Bottle (You can use any bottle you like as long as it’s glass and the neck is 1” in diameter. Be clever!)
2. Teflon Tape 1/2”
3. Copper Top Plate Connector (threaded for 3/8”-16 thread rod)
4. 1” Split Ring Hanger (threaded for 3/8”-16 thread rod)
5. 1/2” x 3/8” Copper Coupling
6. 1/2” Copper Cap
7. Two Hex Nuts (threaded for 3/8”-16 thread rod)
8. Two #10 x 1” Zinc Plated Wood Screws (if your mounting it to wood)
9. 3/8”-16 Zinc Plated Threaded Rod (I bought a 3’ rod and cut it down to 8, 4-1/2” rods with a hacksaw.)
10. Tiki Replacement Wick
11. Torch Fuel (For safety reasons, only use fuel made specifically for outdoor torches. i.e. Tiki brand)
Helpful Tools: Channellocks, adjustable wrench, hacksaw, power screwdriver, and a funnel