Want to serve up this restaurant quality dessert to your friends and family? You can! We can be Chefs At Home with this Decadent Chocolate Mousse dessert recipe as featured on Nationally Syndicated Radio Show, Home Wizards!
Decadent Chocolate Mousse
- 18 oz. bittersweet chopped chocolate
- ½ cup strong coffee
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup Grand Marnier
- Put chocolate, coffee, and sugar in a large metal mixing bowl. Set bowl over a large pot filled with 1 inch of simmering water. Melt chocolate, stirring often until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Whisk egg whites in a medium bowl with a mixer until they hold stiff peaks. Whisk cream in another bowl until soft ribbons form.
- Stir egg yolks into warm chocolate mixture. Mix in liquor. Using a rubber spatula fold in white until blended and fold in whipped cream until no streaks remain.
- Pour chocolate mixture into a large 8 cup glass serving bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve. Serve with sweetened whipped cream if you like. Can make ahead up to 3 days covered and chilled.
- Serve in wine glasses.