Want to try these chocolate chip bars at home? You can! We can all be Chefs At Home with this recipe for Chocolate Chip Bars – cooked in GE’s versatile Advantium Oven – as featured on Nationally Syndicated Radio Show, Home Wizards!
Chocolate Chip Bars
- ¾ cup Brown sugar
- ½ cup Melted butter
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon Almond extract
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- One 6 oz pkg of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar to sprinkle on top
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla and almond extract; stir until well blended.
- Add chocolate chips, walnuts, flour, baking powder and salt; blend well.
- Pour batter into a greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- In GE Advantium speed cook oven, place a dish on black metal tray to cook.
- Cook for 17 to 20 minutes at U=med, L=Hi or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into bars.