Gotta try the striped bass? We can be Chefs At Home with Chef Lalo’s recipe for his Striped Bass main course as featured on Nationally Syndicated Radio Show, Home Wizards!
- 8 oz. striped bass
- 2 oz. white beans
- 1 oz. red bell pepper
- 0.5 oz. red onion
- 1 oz. carrots
- 0.5 oz. celery
- 0.25 lb basket of cherry tomatoes
- 2 oz. homemade pesto
- 2 oz. zucchini (yellow and green)
- 2 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic (minced)
- Set oven to 325 degrees. In a pan, add the olive oil. Salt and pepper both sides of the fish. Pan sear the striped bass for 2 minutes with the skin side down. Transfer the entire pan to the oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and put aside while preparing the ragout.
- In a separate pan, add diced onion, carrots, and celery. Saute for one to two minutes and then add chopped bell pepper and zucchini.
- Add white beans and pesto. (Pesto is made in a blender with sin dried tomatoes, fresh basil, fresh garlic and olive oil.) Now, saute all together for several minutes until hot. Salt and pepper to taste.
- For the charred tomatoes: In a casserole or glass dish, add tomatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper. Heat in microwave for 5 minutes.
- Once tomatoes have charred and blistered, smash.
- Serve fish skin side up over tomato pesto ragout and top fish with smashed tomatoes.