Wish you could cook a delicious dessert just like this dazzler? You can! We can all be Chefs At Home with Chef Pierre’s recipe as featured on Nationally Syndicated Radio Show, Home Wizards!
Banana Fritters (Filipino Style)
- 2 medium Banana pear/plantain, cut into half (Asian markets)
- ½ cup of diced jack fruit (frozen or canned at Asian markets)
- 4 spring roll wrapper
- ½ cup of Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- In a medium bowl, mix banana, jack fruit and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Place the egg roll wrapper on a flat surface. Place a half of banana in the middle of the wrapper and add a good amount of jack fruit. Wrap it around and set aside. Repeat the process for the rest of the bananas.
- Heat frying oil in a medium size frying pan over a medium-high heat. Deep fry the wrapped bananas until they are golden brown and the sugar crystallized and coated the wrap. Remove from the frying pan, drain the oil and place in an oven-proof plate.
- Cut the fritters into threes and serve them with a scoop of Vanilla ice cream. A drizzle of caramel sauce over the plate is optional.*
***this recipe makes four servings.