Make your own personalized gifts and stocking stuffers for friends, family and co-workers by using found or inexpensive containers such as mason jars, vintage or found boxes and bottles. It’s so easy! All you need is some creativity and a little time.
- Or make a vintage tray to hold silverware, barbecue tools or condiments, baby items in a nursery, office supplies, or the mason jars you’re filling with …whatever you like! Old metal or wooden trays are loaded with possibilities and easy to clean up. [Photo courtesy of Creative Carmella]
- Just about everybody loves candles, and candles go great with bottles, which anyone who remembers the pre-Pinterest melted candle on the wine bottle remembers. Glaze or decorate a mason jar, bottle or vase large enough for a tea light. Courtesy of Recaptured Charm.
- Or make these gorgeous beeswax poinsettia candles, wrapping the jar in your favorite holiday ribbon, burlap, or with a printable label. [Image courtesy of Garden Therapy]
- Make a soap or lotion dispenser. Either decorate the jar to match the recipient’s kitchen or bath, or buy an elegant looking blue Ball jar. [Photo courtesy of Redhead Can Decorate]
- Got a baby? Then you have baby food jars. Make a luminary advent calendar. If you don’t have 25 jars on hand to count down to the holiday, make a set that say, “Peace, Love, and Joy” or any message. Courtesy of Design Dining Diapers.