Tired of those pesky critters? Here’s a way to get rid of ants in your kitchen and keep them out with a handy DIY ant attack kit.
The Ant Attack Kit
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of boric acid
- 3 cups of warm water
- mason jar
- A handful of cotton balls
- sandwich bag
- Mix the sugar and boric acid together in the bowl.
- Fold the mixture into the water slowly so it won’t get lumpy.
- Pour the mixture into the mason jar.
- When you are ready to use your ant attack kit, just put a few cotton balls into the lid of the jar.
- Saturate the cotton to the brim.
- Leave out where the ants are. They will eat the sugar & then get poisoned by the boric acid. You’ll be tempted to move it – don’t! The best way to ensure they’re gone for good is to let them take some back to their nest. Then they’ll poison even the ones that didn’t find your sneaky “treat.”
- The ants in your kitchen will be eliminated.
- To keep your ant attack kit at the ready, simply pour out what you used and use the lid to shut the jar.
- Put the cotton balls in the sandwich bag and seal shut.
- Tape it to the mason jar so next time you don’t have to wonder if you have cotton balls – they’re already there.
- Dance around! You’re ant free!
What would I do in a clean kitchen? Well, how about try one of our recipes from the GE Chefs At Home Challenge? If you take one for a spin & take a picture, you can enter on our facebook page for a chance to win a private consultation with Cindy & Eric or a drawing for a home improvement book courtesy of Home Wizards!